Paramedic & Ambulance Technicians
Our vehicles are crewed by a large team of volunteer HCPC registered paramedics and ambulance staff of all grades, (EMT/ACA) many of whom are employed by NHS Ambulance Trusts across the UK.
Fancy a challenge?
- Are you interested in joining our paramedic or ambulance teams?
- Can you commit to work at least two of our events each year?
We are looking for volunteers who have the right qualifications and aptitude to join our team.
Minimum qualifications & experience
- St John’s qualified staff (with stretcher experience)
- Red Cross qualified staff (with stretcher experience)
- Ambulance Care Assistant (ACA) (with stretcher experience)
- Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
- Ambulance Technician
- Combat Medic
- Ambulance (HCPC) Paramedic
- Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP)
- Advanced Paramedic Practitioner (APP)
- Other suitably transferable qualification and experience (click below for an informal chat)
*Training in the use of vehicles and equipment will be provided for all volunteers.
- Previous experience of outdoor events
- Able to work autonomously and in challenging conditions
- Team work & sense of humour – (essential)
- Adaptable and able to work unsupervised on occasion
- IHCD qualified blue light trained. (preferred)
- 4WD Qualified (training will be given)
Minimum age 21 years with full driving licence with less than six points.
If you want to join our team of health professionals, and are keen to expand your CPD portfolio, please consider joining us. Festival Medical Services provides cover at two of the UK’s biggest music events and many smaller events and shows.
We provide a fleet of 4WD stretcher and 4WD rapid response vehicles working 24 hours a day providing cover for crowds in excess of 200,000 + at the biggest of our events.
You will be expected to do two shifts mainly eight hour but depending on the event, they may be extended. In return, you get access to the event when not working, a secure campsite, meals will be provided from our own dedicated caterer (Glastonbury & Reading only), hot showers, flush loos, and a great social life. Come and join our team and see for yourself!
To volunteer to join us, please see the ‘Volunteering’ tab on the home page.
For an informal chat
Please email us with details of your qualifications and experience, including HCPC registration details where applicable.