About Festival Medical Services
Festival Medical Services is a registered medical charity, whose clinical volunteers are skilled and experienced health professionals.
We provide quality event medical services and all levels of medical care in a challenging environment. FMS supports charitable projects around the world.
Festival Medical Services is:
- A registered charity providing comprehensive medical services at mass gatherings
- A not for profit organisation raising funds for medical and environmental projects around the world
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for Ambulance & Imaging Activities
- A regulated training organisation accredited by QualSafe to deliver OfQual regulated QCF awards
Festival Medical Services started in 1979 as a small group of local medical staff providing cover at the Glastonbury Festival. From simple beginnings and basic facilities in the early years,
FMS kept pace as Glastonbury developed into the largest festival of contemporary performing arts in Europe and now, FMS provides a sophisticated range of services including, but not limited to:
- A&E specialists
- Four-wheel drive ambulance logistics
- Computerised patient registration and tracking
- Pharmacy services
- Dental services
- Mental health services
- Physiotherapy treatments
- Safeguarding team
- Health & safety
- Command and control
In 1993, FMS were asked to cover the prestigious Reading Festival and continues to do so to this day; many other events have followed and FMS is proud to continue to serve the events industry.
In 1998 FMS was registered with the Charity Commission, its objects are:
(a) the relief of sickness by the provision of medical services and emergency relief particularly at public gatherings;
(b) to advance the education and training of members and volunteers of the Charity, and of members of the public in general, in the subject of medical care ; and
(c) any Charitable purpose which the trustees shall from time to time think fit
FMS offers a full range of event cover including:
- Comprehensive event medical services, including field hospitals, GMC regulated Doctors of all grades, Registered Nurses and Advanced Nurse Practitioners, HCPC registered Paramedics, rapid response units, AWD (4×4) site ambulances and incident initial response with a team of experienced first-responders.
- FMS works closely with statutory Ambulance Trusts to ensure local NHS services are not overwhelmed by transient populations
- Post-event reports, statistics and recommendations form part of our comprehensive feedback to promoters