FMS is a ‘not for profit‘ registered medical charity staffed by volunteers, delivering professional medical services at events throughout the country.
We specialise in delivering professional medical services and medical training within a comprehensive range of related specialities. Our services are delivered by a team of 1,500 volunteer medical professionals and support staff. Since our inception at the Glastonbury Festival in 1979, FMS has grown to be one of the UK’s most respected event medical providers delivering high quality care at many of the country’s most prestigious events. We are committed to improving standards of medical provision at events and our service model is one that provides a high level of capability on-site, thus reducing the need for onward referrals to local NHS facilities. FMS works in partnership with licensing agencies, safety advisory groups, (SAG), Police and Statutory Ambulance Services, to ensure local services are not over-whelmed during events.
All clinical staff are fully indemnified with most having many years of experience in the events industry and all our patient facing staff are fully Disclosure and Barring Service, (DBS) cleared.
Why Choose FMS?
As a Promoter, you want your event to be safe and to have a great future. Providing a comprehensive medical service will reduce risk for your team, protect local NHS services and your clientele. We can offer you a comprehensive list of services which include:
- A&E departments (with x-ray & ultrasound)
- Minor injury units, and walk in centres
- Emergency dental treatment
- Mobile pharmacy
- Medical teams for stages
- Control and communications
- Computerised registration and reporting
- 4WD on-site ambulance services
- Off-Site patient transfers (coming soon)
- First responders
- Cycle responders
- Event consultancy and much more……
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for Ambulance & Imaging Activities
- A regulated training organisation accredited by QualSafe Awards offering First Response Emergency Care (FREC) Level 3, & 4 courses. click here for more information
- A Category 1 Responder Organisation supporting NHS Trusts
NOW RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS FOR 2019 – click here
To review our Data Privacy Statement…………click here.
Members can update their event availability from January 2019……here. (requires FMS-365 log-in)